There’s something about the opportunity for a fresh start that excites me. I’m definitely guilty of not following through on my resolutions but I think that we should still make some and manifest them into the universe. A new year means new adventures, growth and lessons. In 2018 I learned so much about myself and what I want in my relationships and career. That doesn’t mean I didn’t have my lazy days and reckless nights. I learned from the mistakes that I made and I grew stronger and more resilient as a person. Think back to 2018… Think of all the moments that made you mad, sad or happy. Did you learn from those moments? What are your thoughts and feelings about those moments now? Time really does heal you and with 2019 here let’s try and make this year one filled with love, success and even MORE growth!
My 2019 Resolutions
- Eat better. I struggle with my IBS and yet in 2018 I was still reckless with what I ate. In 2019 I want to eat better foods for my body. I’m going to take a big fast food break and try my hardest to fuel my body rather than fill it. I want to feel energized and I want to have better gut health so that I can feel my best!
- Save more. I am such a bad spender!! With a new job and higher salary in my near future I want to make sure that I’m saving pennies when I can. I want to stop spending money on things I don’t need and limit my Sephora binges to once a month instead of once a week (this is going to be the hardest for me). Also, I want to critically think over every purchase I make. I want to buy things that I love not things that I kind of like. Know what I mean?
- Manage my anxiety. I struggle daily with my anxiety. It definitely isn’t horrible but I would love to find ways to manage it all together so I can wake up with a clear mind. My brain is constantly playing the “what if” game. In 2019 I want to conquer my small fears and confidently step into any situation with a smile.
- Spend more time with the people I love. In 2019 I want to ensure that I’m spending my time wisely. I want to go on more dates with my boyfriend and have more girls nights with my best friends. I also want to do more family dates!
- Focus on my career. I was blessed with an incredible opportunity in 2018 to start my career in 2019. This year I want to focus the majority of my time on my career. I want to grow and learn and network. I want to be the best version of myself that I can be.
I have small goals I want to accomplish too. Whims if you will. I want to be more confident in my own skin and care less about what others think of me. I want to finish (or at least 90% finish) the book I’ve been writing since I was 18. I want to take every travel opportunity that arises and say f YOU to my flying anxiety. I want to glow. I want to fall in love with myself all over again this year.
A fresh start is here. It’s time to make a difference. It’s time for you to take your dreams and make a list of how you can make them grow. Little steps can lead to big opportunities. It can take a million no’s to finally hear a yes! I hope you all take this new year as the biggest opportunity to start fresh: out with the old and in with the new.
In Case You’re Curious…
Here are some of the things I have planned for early 2019:
1. January 7th I start my dream job
2. January 22nd I turn 25
3. January 29th I’m off on my first solo trip ever to San Francisco with my new job for a week of training
4. Family Day long weekend I tentatively have a mini getaway with my boyfriend planned
5. April/May … possibly a beach vacation 😉
6. August – Boots & Hearts!!
Let me know what your resolutions are in 2019 and if you have anything exciting planned!